The Palmer Home Bed and Breakfast
Bed and breakfast in Charleston, South Carolina
The Palmer Home was built in 1848 by John Ravenel, whose son designed the “Little David”, the first semi-submersible vessel and the forerunner to the submarine. This private home is now operated by third generation owner, Francess Palmer. The house is furnished and decorated with antiques dating back two hundred years. The Palmer Home has been in operation since 1977.
• Four of the five guest rooms in the main house are located on the 3rd floor. The Magnolia Suite is located on the 2nd floor. Stair climbing is necessary.
• Get to know the other guests at our Afternoon Wine & Cheese Gathering, held in our Drawing Room.
• Room rates range from $185 – $400 per night based on double occupancy, and any additional guests are charged $25 each.
Please note that all rates are subject to change without notice.
• The Carriage House sleeps four, and is available starting at $350 per night based on double occupancy, additional guests are charged $25 each. (Weekly and monthly rates are available by request.)
• Adjacent to the Carriage House is the new Country Club Room, which can be booked together with the Carriage House or separately.
• They offer Gift Certificates. Whether it’s for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Holidays ~ a stay at The Palmer Home is the perfect present for any occasion. Please call for more information.
• Deposit: Half of total cost is required for deposit at the time of booking. Your stay will be paid in full upon arrival. Any stays during Holidays and Special Events must be paid in full at time of booking.
• Main House Rooms: Two week cancellation policy. If cancelled with at least two weeks notice, receive refund LESS a $25 fee per night cancelled. If cancelled within two weeks of arrival, forfeit entire deposit. UNLESS we are able to rebook each of the reserved dates and we have a full house for those same nights, then we may issue a refund, less the $25 fee per night.
• Carriage House: Thirty day cancellation policy. If cancelled with at least thirty days notice, receive refund minus $50 fee per night cancelled. Cancellation within 30 days of arrival forfeits the entire deposit and you will be charged for remaining balance. If we are able to rebook the dates, and we have a full house for those same nights, we may issue a refund.
• No travel agent commissions.
• Master Card & Visa accepted only.
• Pets may be welcome in the Carriage House for a one-time non- refundable $50 pet fee. All pets must be approved upon booking.